Friday, January 19, 2007

Bill Simmons on the Everything Sucks Era

Bill Simmons, the Sports Guy and my favorite writer just wrote a good version of the why does everyone hate the Patriots. I tried and clearly failed miserablily but in my defense thats why I started this so I could practice...not that anyone reads it but I'm working on it.

Here's an excerpt

"We embrace something new, digest it, beat it into the ground and move on to something else. One minute, "Borat" is the greatest comedy of all-time; the next minute, it's overrated. One minute, everyone loves "Lost"; the next minute, we're wondering if it jumped the shark. One minute, everyone loves The Killers; the next minute, they're self-important sellouts. It's the Everything Sucks Era. We spend an inordinate amount of time bitching about everyone else. Nobody's good, nobody's worthwhile and everybody needs to go away. That's the prevailing theme. And after their third Super Bowl victory, the Patriots entered the "all right, you guys can go away now, you've ceased to be interesting" stage of their run, where we've been stuck for the past two seasons."

How do you spell dead on...I don't think things could be summed up much better than that.

Here's the whole article - When did hate take over sports?

personally I would have gone with 'if you have it your heart let it out'

No comments: